What Are Branched-Chain Amino Acids?
Branched-chain amino acids, more commonly called BCAAs, are essential nutrients the body needs, but doesn't produce. The three BCAAs—leucine, isoleucine, and valine—make up nearly 33 percent of muscle mass and are vital to repair and regrowth.
Known Benefits of Branched-Chain Amino Acids
Continually growing in popularity, BCAAs can lead to a plethora of health and wellness benefits.
• BCAAs are known for their ability to boost the immune system. These amino acids fight stress and illnesses and can lower the body's immune response.
• Branched-chain amino acids keep muscles strong and reduce the loss of lean muscle mass, especially post-injury.
• After taking BCAA supplements, testosterone levels increase, leading to better athletic performance and fewer injuries.
• BCAAs are used to treat Lou Gehrig's disease by slowing the degeneration of nerves and muscles.
• Leucine, one of the three BCAAs, regulates skeletal muscle synthesis and is necessary to gain a positive protein balance.
• Isoleucine increases endurance, helps repair muscle tissue, and aids in blood clotting. It also helps regulate energy levels and blood sugar.
• The amino acid valine acts as a stimulant and encourages muscle repair.
For best results, take 9 grams of BCAAs per 100 pounds of lean body weight.
Natural Food Sources
BCAAs are found throughout a normal, healthy diet and are prevalent in chicken, steak, salmon, beans, rice, and certain dairy foods.
Reasons to Take
BCAAs offer numerous health benefits; there are multiple reasons to take them:
• You've been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's disease and want to postpone degeneration.
• You want to add power and strength to your athletic abilities.
• You have a limited diet and may be missing out on essential nutrients and amino acids.
• You're not lacking in nutrition, but need an extra kick to help your muscles repair after strenuous workouts.
Best Way to Take
Take branched-chain amino acids before and after training to prevent exercise-induced muscle damage and increase muscle repair.
Goals It Achieves
Branched-chain amino acids can help you:
• Gain lean muscle mass
• Boost your immune system
• Increase athletic power and performance
If BCAAs seem like something you could benefit from, browse the selection available at Filtur and find the one that's right for you.