NO WHEY PROTEIN POWDERS
Proteins constitute one of the primordial nutrients of food. It serves as the building blocks for the formation of the body. Proteins also serve their role as important sources of body fuel. From a chemical point of view, proteins are formed by polymer chains of amino acids. These chains are formed with the help of peptide bonds. Proteins provide the essential amino acids for the human body as these compounds can’t be biosynthesized .
How does protein help you?
1. Proteins are absolutely essential to construct and build the necessary muscle mass. Proteins also help in building ligaments, tendons and other body tissues. If your diet has a shortage of proteins, then your muscle fibers might break down to support the body’s requisite energy demands. Protein is necessary to support exercising. If the tissues in your muscle break down, proteins can rebuild the tissues .
2. Proteins also play an instrumental role in making the necessary hormones, enzymes and other chemicals in your body. The nutrient also acts out the central part in making body muscles, cartilages, bones, blood and skin. In other words, the body would stop growing if sufficient amount of protein is not provided .
3. The hormone insulin regulates the metabolism of carbohydrates in the body. Ingestion of high quantity of carbohydrates might result in the disruption of insulin functioning. Consequently, there might be a spike in blood sugar levels. However, the consumption of protein helps in reducing the absorption of carbohydrates thereby positively influencing the control of blood sugar levels in the human blood .
4. Although it hasn’t been proven beyond doubt yet, however studies have shown that a high protein diet might help filling your stomach up. Consequently the craving for food decreases substantially thereby helping to maintain your weight. While lifestyle choices play an instrumental role in reducing your weight, protein helps in the said process significantly .
5. It has been found out that eating a lot of healthy protein might help in preventing the occurrence of coronary diseases. People with a high content of protein in their food have been found to be at a lower risk of developing heart diseases .
Proteins could be easily branded the most important ingredient of human food. It is however pertinent to find out how much protein you need. So, visiting your dietician might be a good idea.
Before understanding as to what or who is a vegan, it is essential to internalize veganism. Veganism is a way of life that prohibits the usage of animal products. It is a philosophy that dismisses the commoditization of animals. Veganism strongly applies to the daily diet of people. Veganism as a philosophy could be subdivided into categories. Dietary vegans don’t use any animal product in their diet including meat, milk and eggs .
Why turn a vegan?
People decide to become vegans subject to a number of reasons including but not limited to health, ethical and environmental conditions. Some people believe that the consumption of eggs and milk actually helps the meat manufacturing industry. This is so because milk or egg producing animals are sold for their meat once they become unproductive. Veganism aspires for the world to become a lot more caring and humane. Veganism is a revolution of sort that tries to make the world a better place to live, not just for the humans but for other animals as well .
The quintessential vegan food
Vegan food could indeed be very healthy as it harps on a lot of variety. A healthy vegan diet includes vegetables, fruits, leafy greens, nuts, legumes, seeds and cereals .
Benefits of turning a vegan
1. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to note that cruelty towards any animal is inhumane. The consumption of animal products actually turns the heat on animals and strips them of all their rights to live and exist. They turn into mere commodities to satisfy the eternal human lust. Veganism espouses the creation of a world that is not only just towards human beings but towards all animals as well .
2. While the philosophical angle to veganism is important, the health benefits can’t be ignored either. Consuming a vegan diet prevents all the ill-effects of animal proteins and makes you more energetic and young. Multiple studies have found the obvious advantages of a vegetarian diet. A good vegan diet contains all the nutrients that you might require without the toxic effects of animal products that cause diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, cancer and obesity .
3. Veganism is immensely beneficial to the environment. Not only does it make the world a green place to dwell but decreases your carbon footprints as well. In other words, it helps in making the environment more sustainable.
An increasing number of people across the world are turning to veganism for its obvious multiple benefits .