VEGETABLE POWDERS & EXTRACTS
People who practice vegetarianism are known as vegetarians. Vegetarianism is the willful abstention from the consumption of meat or any other by-products obtained from the slaughter of animals. Vegetarianism is chosen subject to a multitude of reasons, some examples being unwillingness to sacrifice sentient life, religious considerations, environmental concerns and personal preferences. Vegetarianism could also be classified into a number of categories. Ovo-vegetarians eat eggs but not milk products, lacto-vegetarians eat milk products but not eggs and anovo-vegetarians consume both eggs and milk. Conversely, vegans discard the consumption of all animal-extracted food items .
Advantages of turning into a vegetarian
1. Vegetarian diet has been found to be a lot healthier than the average diet containing an overdose of animal protein. If you want to avoid diseases such as coronary conditions, diabetes and cancer, a vegetarian diet free from the clutches of fat happens to be the best possible way .
2. The normal diet contains a lot of fats and simple carbohydrates. Consequently, you end up gaining a lot of unhealthy weight. To tackle this problem, the best possible way is to consume a lot of plant-based food high on fibers and vitamins. This cuts down both your craving for food and your weight thereby making you healthier and fitter .
3. Some studies suggest that turning vegetarian might enhance your lifespan. It has been seen that people who consume meat are prone to suffering from sexual and hormonal dysfunction at a very early age. You could tackle this problem by increasing the content of vegetarian food in your diet .
4. A number of recent studies have found some sort of connection between vegetarianism and the reduced chances of developing diabetes. The increase in the intake of complex carbohydrates in the form of plant food actually enhances the function of insulin thereby bettering the metabolism of sugar in the body .
5. Vegetarian food could lower blood pressure. It has been found by a number of studies that the consumption of plant food not only reduces your chances of getting high blood pressure but also decreases the blood pressure for individuals who are already suffering from the condition .
6. Vegetarian diet could significantly improve your mood as well. This was established by a study conducted in 2012.
In simple terms, vegetarianism is increasing with each passing day as the complexities of life are multiplying. It would be apt to say that the world seems to be going the vegetarian way.