POST WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTATION
What Is Whey Protein Isolate?
Whey is a protein found in cow's milk and is a liquid byproduct of cheese production. Whey protein isolate has a higher concentration of protein than what is found in regular whey protein concentrate supplements. Whey protein isolate contains up to 95 percent whey and contains minimal lactose and fat. It's easier to digest and is rapidly absorbed.
Known Benefits of Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate contains numerous proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals and offers the body lots of health benefits.
• Whey helps you lose body fat while maintaining, or even gaining, lean body mass.
• Whey is known to reduce levels of the hormone ghrelin, which tells your brain when you're hungry. With less ghrelin, you're not as hungry, stop snacking, and eat less.
• Studies have shown those people who take whey supplements regularly have a lower risk of colon and prostate cancer.
• Whey protein impacts serotonin levels in the brain, the same neurotransmitters many antidepressants utilize. It has been shown both to lower symptoms of depression and to elevate the mood.
• Whey increases the production of glutathione, which is one of the body's strongest antioxidants. This antioxidant has a range of health benefits including boosting the immune system, aiding with the symptoms of cataracts and glaucoma, promoting heart and brain health, and more.
The suggested daily intake for whey protein is between 20 and 30 grams.
Natural Food Sources
Whey protein is naturally found in cow's milk.
Reasons to Take
There are hundreds of reasons to take whey protein isolate, but here are just a few:
• You're working out hard and eating right, but just not seeing the muscle gain you'd like.
• You need a quick, post workout boost to help fight muscle fatigue.
• You want a protein supplement, but could also benefit from a boost to your immune system and your mood.
• You want a way to boost your workout results and increase all around health and wellness.
Best Way to Take
Whey protein isolate is a fast acting protein that metabolizes quickly. It's best to take it alone 30 to 60 minutes before and after a strength training workout.
When you're not taking it around your workout schedule, take it with food to slow down the absorption rate.
Goals It Achieves
Whey protein isolate can help you:
• Gain lean muscle mass
• Lose weight
• Reduce cancer risks
• Elevate mood
• Boost immune system
Whey protein isolate can help you meet your fitness goals. Browse the variety of supplements available through Filtur and find the one that meets your needs.