What Is Creatine Monohydrate?
Creatine monohydrate is naturally found in the human body where it's produced by the liver and kidneys. It's primarily found in muscles and promotes protein synthesis and leads to muscle growth. Because one of the main sources of creatine is meat, vegans and vegetarians can see a huge impact when starting a creatine monohydrate supplement.
Known Benefits of Creatine Monohydrate
Creatine monohydrate is one of the most researched nutritional supplements. Here are some of the benefits it brings:
• Creatine plays a vital role in protein synthesis, hydrating the muscle and allowing it to quickly heal after an intense workout.
• Creatine also increases energy and output, letting you work out harder and train more often.
• Creatine helps athletes and bodybuilders gain weight and muscle mass by healing muscles quicker and encouraging the growth of muscle fibers.
The recommended daily dose of creatine monohydrate is 5 grams. This dose can be increased, but should not exceed 20 to 30 grams per day.
Natural Food Sources
Creatine is naturally found in animal muscle. Some of the best sources include herring and beef.
Reasons to Take
There are lots of reasons to take creatine monohydrate, especially if you're working out regularly:
• You hit the gym hard, but aren't seeing the muscle mass you desire.
• You want to bulk up, but don't want to have to survive on only protein.
Best Way to Take
Creatine monohydrate is most effective when taken in powder form as the liquid tends to break down and become unstable. Take creatine with fruit juice because the increase in insulin from the sugar helps with creatine uptake and absorption.
Take creatine after high intensity workouts to give muscles the nutrients that they need to rebuild and become stronger.
Goals It Achieves
Creatine monohydrate can help you:
• Increase lean muscle mass
• Gain weight
• Reduce recovery time
When you're not seeing the results you want in the gym, consider creatine monohydrate to take you to the next level. Check out the selection of supplements available at Filtur and find the one that's right for you.