Caffeine is a chemical found in many drinks that serves as a stimulant for the central nervous system. It belongs to the methylxanthine class. Although it is the most commonly ingested psychoactive drug, it is legal and unregulated across the world. The substance has various modes of functioning while impacting the brain. Most commonly, it prevents drowsiness and can keep the brain functioning for a longer span of time. It has also been found to stimulate some parts of the autonomic nervous system. From a chemical perspective, caffeine tastes bitter and has a white and crystalline purine structure. It is an alkaloid .
How does caffeine help you?
1. Studies conducted in Japan have established that caffeine has a telling impact on the improvement of memory. Also, a very recent study carried out by the John Hopkins University found out that caffeine might significantly help in boosting the human memory .
2. Caffeine, when consumed in reasonable quantities, could significantly improve the performances of sportspersons. Players across the globe consume dosages of caffeine in order to boost performances. It also increases the alertness and lifts a person’s mood by fighting the fatigue factor .
3. A recent study has found out that caffeine could play an instrumental role in preventing the occurrence of skin cancers. Another study uncovered that coffee drinkers have a lower chance of developing the dreaded melanoma.
4. People who consume considerable amount of caffeine have lower chances of developing kidney stones. This is so subject to the fact that caffeine makes the urine more dilute thereby reducing the chances of stone formation.
5. It has been found out that women who consume more caffeine have a reduced risk of developing the condition known as tinnitus – a situation marked by ringing in the year. This was uncovered by a study conducted by the Harvard School of Health.
6. Caffeine has also been linked to the reduction in weight. Studies have shown that the consumption of caffeine might have a positive impact on the reduction of weight .
7. When caffeine is consumed along with carbohydrates, it replenishes the essential muscle glycogen a lot faster post the exercise sessions.
8. Caffeine could also be useful in detoxifying the liver and clearing the colon.
All in all, caffeine could be dubbed as useful when consumed in reasonable quantities.