EGG WHITE (ALBUMEN) POWDER
Egg White Powder
Egg white powder or powdered egg whites are egg whites that are dried and then made into the form of a powder. It can be restored to its original state by adding water to it. Once restored, it can be safely used without baking or cooking since it is pasteurized. Egg white powder can be made easily with the help of modern processors. The process involves spraying mini droplets of egg whites into a hot air stream. The egg white drops are instantly dried. The resulting product is a fine powder that does not even have to be ground.
Benefits of egg white powder
Powdered egg whites are good for health . They also have a lot of other practical benefits. Following are some of the benefits of egg white powder.
• Eggs are a good source of dietary protein . However, they are also high in cholesterol. So, you have to limit your weekly consumption of eggs to five or less. Egg whites are free of cholesterol. That means you do not have to set any limit for consuming it. This will ensure that you get your protein needs, on a daily basis. Also, if you are trying to lose your weight or watch your weight, then you can take egg white powder instead of whole eggs. This will help you to control your calorie intake.
• Egg white protein is a high-quality and valuable protein. It consists of amino acids that are essential for your day-to-day body functions. It also helps to maintain your muscle mass.
• Egg white is rich in potassium. Potassium is an electrolyte and a vital mineral. It helps to maintain the health of your heart, your bones, and other vital organs. It promotes the widening of blood cells, hence results in the lowering of your blood pressure. Egg white also contains sodium. Sodium and potassium, when combined together, forms membrane potential, an electrochemical gradient that is essential for muscle contraction, transmission of nerve impulse, and transferring metabolites and nutrients throughout the cells.
• Egg white is rich in riboflavin (Vitamin B2), which helps in the metabolic function of the body, and the production of red blood cells. It also has antioxidant properties.
• One of the main benefits of using egg white powder is that there is no risk of salmonella contamination. Also, it is easy to store and has a good shelf life. You can use it in recipes that need egg whites, but no yolks, easily, and with no waste.
The egg white powder can be easily added to smoothies or shakes, and had during breakfast. This is especially helpful when you have to just rush through your breakfast.