Ginkgo biloba, more popularly known as ginkgo or maidenhair tress, remains to be the only surviving species from the division Ginkgophyta. With its origin traced to China, the tree is grown widely. It has been in use since the dawn of human history. The word Ginkgo is considered to be a deviation from the Japanese term ‘gin kyo ’ that means silver apricot.
The plant is known for its multiple uses in the deliverance of traditional treatment and is also used as a food source. The extract is generally utilized as a dietary supplement. The plant is particularly helpful to the human body when used in conjunction with Panax Ginseng .
How does ginkgo biloba help you?
• Patients who suffer from vascular insufficiency have been able to experience an improvement in their mood by consuming the extract of ginkgo biloba. Thus, the ingestion of ginkgo biloba has gained popularity as a treatment mechanism to deal with depression. In fact, this plant has the capacity to prevent the use of other pharmaceutical treatments available for fighting depression.
• Numerous studies have been able to find out that ginkgo propels an efficient flow of blood all throughout the body and more particularly through the brain. Consequently, the memory and brain functions remain infinitesimally better. In fact, it has been seen to have positive effects on people suffering from the much dreaded Alzheimer’s disease as well.
• Impotency has been increasing around the world due to a proliferation in the overall stress factor and an unhealthy lifestyle. The condition is caused by a poor circulation of blood through the penis. As ginkgo biloba enhances the flow of blood , the impotency factor could be improved by as much as fifty percent through its administration for a sustained period of six months.
• Oxygen, one of the primary conditions for the sustenance of life, could have its negative effects on the body as well. Unstable oxygen formed in the body, known as free radicals, has the capacity to distort the structure of the cells thus leading to cancer and a host of other related problems. Ginkgo biloba is known to have a high dosage of antioxidants that combat the effects of these free radicals and repair the cellular molecules. These antioxidants also slow down the process of aging.
• People suffering from glaucoma and macular degeneration could significantly improve their vision by consuming ginkgo biloba on a daily basis.