GREEN LIPPED MUSSEL
Green Lipped Mussel
The green lipped mussel is a shellfish native to New Zealand. Its scientific name is Perna canaliculus and it is also known as greenshell mussel . This shellfish is believed to be an effective treatment for various health issues such as rheumatoid arthritis , osteoarthritis, joint pain, daytime wheezing, and asthma.
The green lipped mussel’s discovery
This shellfish contains oil that act has anti-inflammatory agents. These are very potent and serve as a strong health supplement. The oil is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which have numerous health benefits. The green lipped mussels are known to have joint healing properties, which were recognized by the Maoris in New Zealand over 100 years ago. The medical community was baffled when they studied the life of these indigenous people. The elders displayed no signs of bone or joint problems like arthritis and were still able to perform strenuous physical activities.
After the discovery of the shellfish’s health benefits, it is known as “miracle food” among some marketers. This mussel has become increasingly popular over the past few decades due to its nutritional value. You can consume the green lipped mussel in any form you would like. Some people enjoy its taste, so they consume them as part of their meals. Others would rather consume them in supplement form, either as a capsule or oil.
Health benefits of the green lipped mussel
The green lipped mussel provides several health benefits, however it has been most famous for relieving arthritis and its aches and reducing inflammation . Here are the other health benefits of the green lipped mussel:
• The green lipped mussel is rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which are essential for healthy skins, nails, and hair.
• Frequently consuming green lipped mussel has been known to reduce your risk of heart attacks as well as other circulatory problems. It strengthens the arterial walls and improves blood flow.
• Green lipped mussel is known to boost antibody formation. This helps you fight against bacterial and viral infections.
• Along with improving joint health, the green lipped mussel helps strengthen bones and improves teeth structure. It also helps the surrounding tissues.
• Green lipped mussel is known to enhance your fertility. The shellfish has shown evidence of improving reproductive health in both men and women.
• Improved tissue, muscle, and organ stimulation has been seen in people who consume green lipped mussel frequently.
The green lipped mussel consists of high amount of protein, carbohydrates, and omega 3 fatty acids, making it the perfect source for all your nutrients . Add the green lipped mussel to your diet for improved bone and joint health.