GREEN TEA EXTRACT
Green Tea Extract
A Green Tea Extracts is an herbal derivative from green tea leaves. It is abundant with antioxidant ingredients, GTC (Green Tea Catechins) being the main one among them. Green tea extract is sometimes used as an alternative medicine, and as a dietary supplement as well. There are four types of green tea extracts.
• Strong infusions - Green tea leaves are processed by soaking in the aqueous solution of alcohol.
• Soft extracts - Soft extracts are obtained by further concentrating the solution made by strong infusion.
• Dry extracts - The concentrated strong infusions are made into powder.
• Partly purified extracts - More purification processes are done to get a higher content of tea catechins.
Green tea extract is more antioxidant-active than Vitamin C. The biochemical properties of green tea extracts can be generally divided into four aspects – antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-radiation, and anticarcinogen.
Benefits of green tea extract
Following are some of the health benefits of green tea extract.
• Green tea extract contains a lot of important nutrients . It is rich in polyphenols, like catechins and flavonoids. They have powerful antioxidant properties. They can inhibit the formation of free radicals in the body, thus protect the molecules and cells from damage. Green tea extract contains minerals as well, which are important for the health of your body.
• Green tea extract contains caffeine. It is a stimulant, which can make you smarter, and active. Caffeine functions in the brain to block Adenosine, which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter. This increases the neuron activity in the brain. Caffeine helps to improve the functions of your brain. It helps to improve mood, reaction time, concentration, and memory.
• Green tea extract helps to burn the body fat effectively. It also helps to boost the metabolic rate. Green tea extract is used in many weight loss programs .
• Green tea extract helps to prevent various types of cancer, like breast cancer, prostate cancer, colorectal cancer, and so on, as the antioxidants present in extract has the ability to prevent oxidative damages .
• The bioactive compounds present in the green tea extract has the ability to protect neurons. This may reduce the risk of both Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s, two of the most common neurodegenerative disorders.
• The catechins present in the green tea extract may inhibit bacteria growth. This can lower the risk of infections. One of the main harmful bacteria in the mouth is Streptococcus mutans, which can cause plaque formation and cavities. Green tea extract helps to improve dental health. Green tea extract also has the ability to inhibit viruses like the influenza virus.
• Green tea extract can also lower the risk of Type 2 diabetes, and reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Making green tea extract as part of your diet can contribute to the overall good health of your body.