What Is Cod Liver Oil?
Cod liver oil is an essential oil found in the liver of the Atlantic cod. Cod liver oil is a great source for omega-3 fatty acids, it is a rich source of vitamin A, and it has more vitamin D than any other food source. It's taken to improve overall health and prevent osteoporosis the natural way.
Known Benefits of Cod Liver Oil
Cod liver oil has a long history of being used to treat the symptoms of arthritis. Some of its benefits include:
• Cod liver oil has been shown to reduce the joint stiffness characteristic of arthritis.
• It reduces the pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
• Cod liver oil can be used to prevent rickets.
• It may reduce cartilage damage caused by osteoarthritis and have some restorative benefits.
• Cod liver oil contains vitamin D, which helps the bone's absorption of calcium, leading to the strengthening of bones and improving bone density.
• Vitamin D is also associated with better bone health and movement.
The recommended dosage for cod liver oil depends on the way it's taken. In capsule form, two to four capsules are recommended. In liquid form, ½ to 2 teaspoons is recommended.
Natural Food Sources
Cod liver oil is found in cod liver. There are no other natural food sources.
Reasons to Take
Cod liver oil has huge health benefits, including those associated with bones and joints. Take cod liver oil if:
• You have osteoarthritis and want to avoid the need for surgery.
• You have a family history of arthritis and you want a natural, proactive way to reduce your risk.
• You're looking for a well-rounded supplement that can make you feel better and take away the ache in your bones.
Works Well With
Cod liver oil was a popular supplement for many years, and it's making its way back. If you think cod liver oil may be able to help with your bone and joint issues, browse the selection available through Filtur. We're sure you can find the one that's best for you.