Nuts make one of the most popular snacks. They taste great and give you a massive boost of energy. They are also very beneficial and do not cause weight gain.
If you are someone who enjoys munching on nuts, you should know that pistachios are one of the healthiest options. From ancient times, these nuts have been considered the symbol of health and wellness. They are mostly found in Asia, particularly in Iraq and Iran. You can easily buy pistachios in your local market, but they can be rather expensive. However, these delicious nuts are packed with nutrients and are essential for a healthy diet . They are available unshelled, shelled, salted, or sweetened. Roasted pistachios are also available.
Nutritional make-up of pistachios
Compared to the other nuts such as walnuts, cashews, almonds, and hazelnuts, pistachios have the least calories. They also contain the highest amount of proteins compared to the others . If you are conscious about not putting on weight, grab a handful of these nuts because they contain the least amount of fat .
These nuts contain high levels of micro nutrients such as oleic acid and mono-unsaturated fatty acids. They are also rich in antioxidants. These tasty nuts also contain trace amounts of minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, zinc, potassium, manganese, selenium, and copper. Selenium is not commonly found in your regular food items. It is important to maintain healthy skin and hair.
Pistachios do not contain any amount of sodium, which is good news for people who have hypertension. This nut is known as a wholesome food.
Health benefits of eating pistachios
Besides the fact that these nuts are delicious, there are several other reasons why you should include them in your daily intake. As you have already read, these nuts are highly nutritious and are great for people who want to remain fit and not gain weight. Here are more benefits of consuming pistachios.
• These are heart-friendly and can decrease the levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in your body. The compounds found the in nuts such as antioxidants and unsaturated fatty acids are essential to maintain a healthy heart.
• If you are on a diet, pistachios are a blessing. They are low in calories and high in proteins and ideal for weight management.
• Pistachios are rich in essential oils, so they help maintain healthy skin and hair.
• They are an excellent source of dietary fibre.
• They help regulate diabetes and increase absorption of iron.
Now that you know the benefits of these nuts , make sure you always have some around you. Every time you get a little hungry, pop some pistachios for a tasty snack.