Rose Hip Powder
The rose hip powder is extracted from the rose hip, also popularly referred to as the rose hep or rose haw. Rose plant’s fruity section is known as the rose hip. The colour varies from red to orange. However, in some cases, the colour might be black and dark purple as well. The fruits form after the flowers successfully pollinate during the spring or early summer and get ripened during late summer or autumn .
How does rose hip powder help you?
1. It has been seen that rose hip powder helps people who are combating osteoarthritis to overcome pain. This supplement has been examined on many people suffering from osteoarthritis of the knee, hip, hand, neck, shoulder, and other areas. Studies have shown that the pain comparatively subsides after about three months .
2. Rose hip powder could play a significant role in reducing joint pains through the usage of its immuno suppressive impacts. The immune mechanism in the body could contribute to rheumatic defects. An inflammation causing cytokine known as 1-Beta (IL-1β) makes the cartilage cells to manufacture proteins that cause the joint tissues to break down. When occurring in moderate forms, this process helps in the turnover of cells but when it occurs in excess quantities, the process might lead to joint-tissue breakup leading to joint problems. While the supplement doesn’t decrease the production of 1L-1β in the blood, it does stop the ability of the cytokine to help the catabolic proteins .
3. There are some doctors who are of the opinion that rose hip powder could be a mighty replacement for the non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). However, rose hip doesn’t make the blood thinner or cause irritation of the stomach or cause plausible ulcers. However, additional research studies might have to be undertaken to confirm this .
4. Rose hip powder contains a lot of Vitamin C and the quantity is more than the citrus fruits. A lot of people consume it in order to enhance the capacity of the immune system and to prevent the onset of cold-related syndromes .
5. Evidence have suggested that rose hip powder could be used to treat people with diabetes in addition to cholesterol and high blood pressure. It is thought that rose hip powder might help people with obesity as well. However, all these theories need to be confirmed.
All in all, rose hip powder could be of great help for people suffering from joint and bone problems.