Eleutherococcus senticosus, more popularly known as Siberian ginseng, is a tiny woody shrub belonging to the family Araliaceae and is generally found in northeastern Asia. It is also known as ciwujia and eleuthero. It has been traditionally used as a constituent for Chinese medicines. Multiple studies are underway to decipher the effects of ginseng on the human body. The researchers are still continuing for this herb that has been in use for the past 2,000 years. The herb is native to China, East Asia, Russia and Japan. It is a very new entrant to the array of herbs used in Western natural medicinal science.
How does Siberian Ginseng help you?
• Siberian ginseng has been found to make the body’s immune system stronger by preventing and treating viral infections and other diseases. According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, the herb, if taken in conjunction with andrographis, could significantly reduce the tenure and intensity of common cold. An identical combination could be a solution against flu as well. If people consume the herb’s extracts on a regular basis, it could improve the body’s general immunity as well.
• Siberian ginseng has a pronounced capacity to combat stress. The herb has been found to enhance the body’s general capacity to handle stress. Consequently, the consumption of the herb might prevent the onset of many other stress-related disorders such as stomach upset, heartburn and headaches caused by tension. Subject to the fact that the herb might promote calmness in an individual, the general quality of the person’s life also stands improved. Patients suffering from nervousness, hyperactivity and anxiety could find the consumption of Siberian ginseng very helpful. Siberian ginseng ingested with tea could be a great way to relax.
• People who suffer from fatigue subject to insufficient sleep, illness and emotional problems might significantly benefit from the consumption of Siberian ginseng. The extract obtained from the herb may improve the synthesis of protein and the growth of muscles thereby decreasing fatigue furthermore.
• Additionally, the herb has been found to exert positive influence during convalescence and in curing a lot of menopausal enigmas.
• In athletics and competitive sports , Siberian ginseng could be of significant help. It lets the athletes leave the potentially dangerous antibiotics in order to decrease infections. Consequently, the general health of the players gets a natural lift through the herb’s consumption.