Soya or soybean as it is known in the US or soya bean as it is called in Europe is a definite species of East Asian legumes. It is generally cultivated for its rather tasty bean that could be put to different uses. The legume is considered to be an oilseed and not a pulse by the Food and Agriculture Organization. Soybean is classified as an economical and significant source of good protein. The primary producers of soya include Brazil, the United States, China, Argentina, and India. The beans are endowed with a good amount of alpha-linolenic acid, phytic acid, and isoflavones.
How does soya help you?
• Soybeans constitute a very significant source of good protein. Protein boosts your overall body system and improves your metabolic actions. Proteins are the principal building materials for the body. People following a vegetarian lifestyle find it difficult to meet the protein requirements of their bodies. Soybean fulfills that requirement and without any of the side effects that the other sources of good protein have.
• Soybeans actually help in both increasing and decreasing your body weight. The beans actually suppress your appetite and make you eat less. Thus, you can lose weight by eating the beans. At the same time, soybeans could replenish you with a lot of protein and good fibre that could increase your weight as well just if you are underweight. It is important to remember that soybean doesn’t give you a fatty weight, rather it provides you with good tissues and muscles.
• A good amount of antioxidants present in soybeans makes it good food to stop the appearance of various harmful cancerous cells. These antioxidants balance the free radicals that get originated as harmful by-products of the metabolism process in the cells. Also, soybean fibres ease the process of digestion thereby reducing the possibility of gastrointestinal strain.
• Soybeans constitute a fantastic source of isoflavones, a very important component of the reproductive system in females. The level of oestrogen drops during menopause. The isoflavones can bind to the receptor cells in the oestrogen. Consequently, the negative consequences of menopause can be avoided.
• The amount of mineral and vitamin is very high in soybean. The minerals include magnesium, calcium, selenium, copper and zinc. These minerals play a pivotal role in ensuring the health of bones.