ZMA is nothing but a health supplement that contains a combination of Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and a little bit of Vitamin B6. This supplement is generally consumed by gymnasts, body-builders and athletes in order to enhance their performances.
The supplement could also be used for the purpose of recovery and to help people get better sleep. It is claimed that ZMA has the potential to increase strength and optimize hormonal functions. The actual formula for ZMA contains 30 mg of Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, 450 mg of Magnesium Aspartate and 10.5 mg of Vitamin B6 in the form of pyridoxine hydrochloride. According to prescribed instructions, the supplement should be consumed about an hour before going to bed and in an empty stomach .
How does ZMA help you?
1. Studies have found out that the zinc contained by ZMA can reduce oxidative stress in your body thereby decreasing inflammations throughout your body. The supplement has been found to exert a beneficial effect on your immune system. Thus, your capacity to train on a regular basis enhances significantly .
2. It has been seen that people often fall short of the required amount of zinc in their bodies as the general diet doesn’t contain sufficient amount of zinc. The biggest zinc sources include beef, crab, oysters and pork that are not consumed regularly. Thus ZMA helps in dealing with zinc deficiency. Studies establish that while the protein intake for athletes is sufficient, there is always a shortage of zinc. This is exactly where ZMA comes in handy for athletes and sportspersons .
3. A deficiency in zinc may interfere with the natural production of testosterone in the body. A good zinc profile in the body helps in enhancing the body testosterone. ZMA helps in increasing the amount of zinc in the body which in turn increases the testosterone .
4. ZMA could be instrumental in giving you a better sleep . It also increases the endurance in the body and betters the hormonal functions. The zinc, magnesium and Vitamin B6 help in better metabolism thereby helping in protein synthesis.
5. Magnesium is responsible for taking part in some of the most vital body functions. It is extremely important to ensure the health of bones and helps in retaining a strong nervous system. The magnesium present in ZMA helps in fighting the deficiency of magnesium in the body.
ZMA has been found to be generally beneficial to the body in more ways than one.